20 Big Easy Entertainments | Restaurants
the Locals Eat at
New Orleans Shopping Secrets
| Hot Music Happenings
Avoid at All Costs
Review a Restaurant, Tell Us Your Story,
Ask for Advice
Louisiana Hot Links
* Bourbon Street, except as necessary to get to Galatoire's, Remoulade, or
* Restaurants with gorgeous balconies, or on Jackson Square. (Exception:
La Madeleine is fine. The rest seem to think location location
is a lot more important than food food.)
* Loud, crowded, overly-theatrical late-night ghost tours. They might
be fun, they might even be accurate, but they're so obnoxious, so utterly
disrespectful of the residents' peace and comfort, so determined to
turn the French Quarter into Disneyland they just might succeed. Do
you really want that?
* Anyone who bets you $5 he can tell you where you got your shoes. (He'll
always win--the answer is "You got your shoes on your feet".)
* Worse, someone who wants to give you a ticket for "having too much
fun"--these people are either sellng time-shares or recruiting for Krishna Consciousness. Just look disdainful and say, "I'm
* Drinks named after storms or deadly weapons. Really. No matter how
good an idea it seems at the time.
* Anything at Snug Harbor except the burgers.
* Jello shots.
back to La. Hot Stuff-Music
Try these links!
thing we readers appreciate is an author with a web page. Finding
information on one's favorite author can be difficult enough,
but to discover that he or she doesn't even have a web site can
be downright disappointing. We want to let them know their hard
work is being admired!